Popcorn Ceiling Removal
Popcorn ceilings were popular in the past but the textured surface tends to hold onto dust and provides a great place for cobwebs to form. Also, making repairs to an existing popcorn ceiling can be problematic as it’s difficult to match a treatment that was applied several years ago.
Often, the best option is to remove it altogether. We have a thorough process for popcorn removal that will leave your ceiling looking like new!
- Cover everything in detail - removal can be a messy process!
- Remove the popcorn
- Lightly sand the ceilings with a sander attached to a HEPA vacuum
- Clean the ceilings to remove any dust left behind by the vacuum
- Oil prime the ceilings
- Mud the ceilings to fill in any blemishes uncovered in the removal process
- Sand, clean, and prime the areas that received mud
- Apply the 1st coat of paint
- Recheck ceilings for any blemishes that are still visible
- Apply the 2nd coat of paint
Call us today and update those old ceilings!